MovableBlog: Saturday Afternoon Links
April 12, 2003
- Ten taxonomy myths and A guide to key user experience differences between Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X: the latter makes a pretty convincing case for consistency in Mac OS X apps, as well as the benefits of the Mac OS X interface of that of Windows. [both via Kottke's remains]
- High-tech PR in the age of blogs, part 3 by Jon Udell: "our information monopoly is weakening. The value of our work never should have depended, and now increasingly will not depend, on privileged access to people and to information. It will, instead, depend on our ability to perform the highest and best functions of publishing: selection, analysis, coherent narrative. If I do that consistently, you'll read me. If I don't, you won't."
- CSS Support Charts: "There are efforts underway to update the charts to cover more recent browsers, but this will take some time." So in other words, as useful as this site is now, it will be even more useful in the future. [via Simon]
- Redesiging PGA.com: comments from the designer himself. Also comments from another participant.
- CSS column layout builder: designing CSS columns is still a challenge for me, even though this site's columns are done in CSS...