MovableBlog: Archives: Windows XP
March 26th, 2003
Windows XP Security Advisory: Flaw in RPC Endpoint Mapper Could Allow Denial of Service Attacks
March 19th, 2003
I just got a Windows XP Update alert, updating the following problems:
- Cannot Install Driver Updates from the Windows Update Web Site
- Flaw in Windows Script Engine May Allow Code to Run
Say what you want about Microsoft products, but when there's a vulnerability, at least the updates are free.
February 22nd, 2003
I needed to clear some bookmarks, and here are the geekier of the articles that were there.
- WebWord Interview with Andy King on Web Site Optimization
- Amazon.com Recommendations: Item-to-Item Collaborative Filtering by Greg Linden, Brent Smith, and Jeremy York
- Advice to Microsoft regarding commodity software
- Microsoft Cleartype Tuner (turns out the default setting was adequate for me) [via kilic.net]
- news.php.net: PHP mailing lists with RSS feeds for most of them (although not the biggies)
- The Linux Uprising by Jim Kerstetter [via /.]
- Building a WYSIWYG HTML Editor pt. 1, pt. 2 by Mitchell Harper
- The Trouble with XML by Christopher Fry
- The Languages of the Semantic Web by Uche Ogbuji
February 15th, 2003
This has been bugging me for a while now: the status bar in Internet Explorer 6 in Windows XP isn't consistenly displayed after closing the browser. A simple Google search found this page: Tip - Always Display IE6 Status Bar. Hopefully that will solve the problem.